President Donald Trump is scheduled to visit the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport and Northeastern Pennsylvania on Thursday, March 5th during the late afternoon and evening hours. We do not anticipate any delays impacting the flight schedule. However, it has been shared that there can be minimal delays on Interstate 81 between the period of 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM. The President will be making his way from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport to the Scranton area during that time period.
All air travelers should be advised to arrive early for their departing flights, especially if they are traveling on:
- American Airlines Flight 5129 @ 4:54 PM to Charlotte
- United Air Lines Flight 5691 @ 5:25 PM to Chicago
- Delta Air Lines Flight 3830 @ 5:38 PM to Detroit
- American Airlines Flight 5280 @ 6:42 PM to Charlotte
- American Airlines Flight 4946 @ 7:19 PM to Philadelphia.
Because of probable ground-stops when the President arrives, the airlines will do everything necessary to get the flights boarded and keep the flights on schedule, so please plan accordingly.
Passengers are recommended to arrive two (2) hours prior to their departure time if they are departing on these flights. Allowing extra travel time getting to AVP is advisable.
Also, if you are picking up passengers arriving at the Airport, allow extra travel time getting to/from AVP, especially if they are traveling on:
- Delta Air Lines Flight 4023 @ 5:17 PM from Detroit
- American Airlines Flight 5280 @ 6:11 PM from Charlotte
- American Airlines Flight 4946 @ 6:54 PM from Philadelphia
- United Air Lines Flight 3767 @ 6:57 PM from Washington-Dulles
- United Air Lines Flight 4841 @ 8:58 PM from Chicago
In addition, there can be minimal delays on Interstate 81 between the period of 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM. The President will be making his way from the Scranton area to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport during that time period.
Please be aware that all times on the President’s arrival and departure from Northeastern Pennsylvania are tentative and subject to change, so please plan accordingly.